GETTING STARTEDThe patient journey
I feel much more confident coaching night games now, seeing exactly what’s going on in the field.– Shawn, patient who received LUXTURNA®
Your patient’s treatment journey starts with you
Identify appropriate patients for genetic testing, which may include patients diagnosed with Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA), retinitis pigmentosa (RP), or other inherited retinal diseases (IRDs), or who have symptoms consistent with the clinical manifestations of biallelic RPE65 mutation–associated retinal dystrophy.1-7
Ready to identify patients for genetic testing? Genetically test your patients
- Confirm your patient has biallelic RPE65 gene mutations by ordering a genetic test.
- If needed, diagnostic specialists are available to provide more information on genetic testing.
Spark Therapeutics Generation Patient ServicesSM
- Patients who have confirmed biallelic RPE65 gene mutations are eligible to enroll in Spark Therapeutics Generation Patient Services.*
- Enrollment in Spark Therapeutics Generation Patient Services is voluntary and not required to receive treatment with LUXTURNA.
Ocular gene therapy treatment center
- Patients will travel to their designated treatment center to confirm retinal viability and then again for the administration of LUXTURNA.
- Spark Therapeutics Generation Patient Services can help connect enrolled patients to a treatment center. Alternatively, you or your patients can contact a treatment center.
*Participation in Spark Therapeutics Generation Patient ServicesSM is voluntary. Your patient may choose to participate in all, some, or none of the services offered. Participating or deciding not to participate in these services will have no effect on your patient’s ability to get treatment or the nature of your patient’s treatment or care. Generation Patient Services does not provide medical advice.
After the procedure, you may work with the specialist at the treatment center to handle follow-up care, or you may resume follow-up care on your own.
Monroe’s mother and sister talk about the LUXTURNA treatment process
LUXTURNA helped Shawn continue doing the things he loves